cscarts on Where was St Stephen’s…
Neil Harvey has been busy looking at photos in the Local History Library and found these photos of St Stephen’s. Mostly they look like they are taken when St Stephen’s was past her prime and the streets around were already being demolished.Looking down the aisle towards the altar.
We’ve found St Stephen’s Church on a map from 1848. The map is available from Alan Godfrey at www.alangodfreymaps.co.uk. This is part of the map that shows St Stephen’s church in relation to St Philip’s. St Philip’s Church is on the left and St Stephen’s on the right. Chapel St is just below the map. Trinity Way now runs across the bottom right corner.